If interested, contact us here!
OFFICER ROLE OVERVIEW:
Responsible for Local Chapter expenditures and receipts and maintenance of financial transactions related to the Local Chapter. Ensures that all financial commitments are for Local Chapter purposes only and that HDI Global is not liable for Local Chapter expenses, liabilities or financial obligations, or taxes associated with Local Chapter activities. VP of Finance is the CFO of the local chapter. Revenue may come in the form of dues, meeting fees, sponsorships, or special event fees. The expenses must be related to the delivery of services to the members. These may be operational expenses related to the chapter management, programs, chapter meetings and board meetings, door prizes, speaker fees and travel expense, marketing expenses, LCO training, and any other expenses approved by the board. While the entire board provides input to the budget, the VP of Finance is ultimately responsible for the budget, managing funds, and all financial reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains chapter checking account and all financial obligations, including but not limited to budgeting, investments, donations, deposits and disbursements.
- Maintains chapter’s non-profit status by filing annual report with chapter’s state on an annual/biannual basis (as required by the state)
- Registers as the chapter’s registered agent with the state
- Reconciles Quickbooks monthly in compliance with the Officer Responbility Agreement
- Recieves monthly membership direct deposits in Quickbooks
- Deposits checks and monies sent to chapter, within one month of receipt
- Provides quarterly reports to HDI which include the Profit and Loss Report and Balance Sheet
- Provides yearly financial update to HDI on or before February 15 of each year. This includes the Profit and Loss Report, Balance Sheet and chapter’s bank statement showing the year-end (December 31) balance
- Supports President when necessary and leads meetings when necessary
- Present financial report at chapter board meetings and member meetings as requested
- Ability to attend Local Chapter Board Meetings.
- RSVP promptly and accurately to meeting invites.
- Responsive to fellow HDI, local chapter officers, members, and potential member’s e-mails and inquiries within 2 business days.
- Sufficient time to dedicate to a volunteer position.
- Commitment to share knowledge HDI Connect with other officers and members.
- Ability to fill in for other officer positions as requested by Local Chapter President or board member
- Chapter Member Meetings
- Chapter Board Meeting
- District President Conference Call
- Regional Vice President Conference Call
- Local Chapter Officers Conference Call – Monthly 1st Wednesday
- Local Chapter Officers luncheon and meeting at Annual Conference
- Leadership Development Summit
- Grassroots Call, if applicable
- Regional Event, if applicable
2 hours per week
ROLE KEY COMPETENCIES
- Team Player
- Attention to Detail
STATEMENT OF INTENT
This document was developed by Local Chapter Officers for Local Chapter Officers. It serves to provide guidance or as a sample document to assist LCO’s who desire to enhance the business operations of an HDI Local Chapter and to improve the quality of services they provide to their members.
This officer description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Officer may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the chapter.