If interested, contact us here!
OFFICER ROLE OVERVIEW:
The Local Chapter Officer Vice President of Programs must assist with the development of Chapter member events. Identify topics, speakers, and meeting agendas with the assistance of other board members, and Chapter members. Chapters reserve the right to add Special Events and other Event Coordinators and divide responsibilities as needed. Programs are the product of the local chapter. It is what the chapter provides to the local community. While the entire board provides input to the program planning, the VP of Programs is ultimately responsible for defining and delivering the product to your members and guests.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with officer team to schedule meetings and topics pertinent to members needs (at least 4 per year)
- Coordinates all meeting needs including: speaker needs and logistics, AV requirements, handouts, etc.
- Keeps speaker contact list for future meetings.
- Works with all officers to create at least a 3-month calendar of speakers and meetings including contingency plan for specified program.
- Ensures speaker-engagement information, including meeting location is available to Chapter Officers at least 30 days prior to meeting.
- Primary contact for developing educational ideas and requests for chapter
- Provide timely informaton to the VP of Communications and VP of Content Relations so the product can be marketed
- Annouce upcoming meetings at member meetings
- Ability to attend Local Chapter Board Meetings.
- RSVP promptly and accurately to meeting invites.
- Responsive to fellow HDI, local chapter officers, members, and potential member’s e-mails and inquiries within 2 business days.
- Sufficient time to dedicate to a volunteer position.
- Commitment to share knowledge HDI Connect with other officers and members.
- Ability to fill in for other officer positions as requested by Local Chapter President or board member
- Chapter Member Meetings
- Chapter Board Meeting
- District President Conference Call
- Regional Vice President Conference Call
- Local Chapter Officers Conference Call – Monthly 1st Wednesday
- Local Chapter Officers luncheon and meeting at Annual Conference
- Leadership Development Summit
- Grassroots Call, if applicable
- Regional Event, if applicable
3 hours per week
ROLE KEY COMPETENCIES
- Team Player
- Planning and Organizing
- Focus on Quality
- Attention to Detail
STATEMENT OF INTENT
This document was developed by Local Chapter Officers for Local Chapter Officers. It serves to provide guidance or as a sample document to assist LCO’s who desire to enhance the business operations of an HDI Local Chapter and to improve the quality of services they provide to their members.
This officer description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Officer may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the chapter.