If interested, contact us here!
OFFICER ROLE OVERVIEW:
The Local Chapter Officer Vice President of Vendor Relations will develop a mutually beneficial and ethical relationship between business relevant vendors and the local HDI chapter.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create, review and update a contract for use for sponsorship
- Obtain sponsors
- Create partnering programs with existing or new vendors that provide educational opportunities for the chapter and noninvasive opportunities for the vendors to share their product information
- Ensure value in vendor contracts and ensure contract obligations are accurately and completely fulfilled
- Ensure vendors and the chapters are adhering to the bylaws in regards to vendors such as not sharing membership information
- Offer opportunities for vendors to provide information at programs
- Work with VP of Finance and officer team to establish financial goals and while understanding the budget and financial needs of the chapter
- Ability to attend Local Chapter Board Meetings.
- RSVP promptly and accurately to meeting invites.
- Responsive to fellow HDI, local chapter officers, members, and potential member’s e-mails and inquiries within 2 business days.
- Sufficient time to dedicate to a volunteer position.
- Commitment to share knowledge HDI Connect with other officers and members.
- Ability to fill in for other officer positions as requested by Local Chapter President or board member
- Chapter Member Meetings
- Chapter Board Meeting
- District President Conference Call
- Regional Vice President Conference Call
- Local Chapter Officers Conference Call – Monthly 1st Wednesday
- Local Chapter Officers luncheon and meeting at Annual Conference
- Leadership Development Summit
- Grassroots Call, if applicable
- Regional Event, if applicable
3 hours per week
ROLE KEY COMPETENCIES
- Team Player
- Planning and Organizing
STATEMENT OF INTENT
This document was developed by Local Chapter Officers for Local Chapter Officers. It serves to provide guidance or as a sample document to assist LCO’s who desire to enhance the business operations of an HDI Local Chapter and to improve the quality of services they provide to their members.
This officer description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Officer may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the chapter.